The UK Government has revised the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), which comes into force in the UK on 26 May 2012, to address new EU requirements. We have now amended our Privacy and Cookies policies to reflect these changes.
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
This policy covers RAK Ceramics use of personal information that is collected when you visit www.rakceramics.co.uk
From time to time, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable RAK Ceramics and its authorised third party providers to supply you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information RAK Ceramics will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
Any information you provide to us will only be used within RAK Ceramics. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where you contact us by email, your data is transmitted via a publicly accessible network. Should you use personal information online you need to be aware that this is done at your own risk. We accept no liability for any damages to you or others as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website computer and stored on your computers hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browsers preferences allow it but, depending on how your browser is set up to protect your privacy, it may only permit a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
There are two main types of cookies:
1. Session cookies - these only exist for the duration of your site visit and are deleted on exit. These cookies help to maintain security when you access your online account.
2. Persistent (or permanent) cookies - these stay on your machine until they expire or are deleted. These cookies often store information meaning that you don't need to remember membership details. We do not store your login user name and password as cookies.
Cookies can also be:
1. First party cookies - these are owned and created by this website
2. Third pary cookies - these are owned and created by an independent company, usually a company providing a service to the website owners, such as Google.
We use both types of cookies.
We are required to tell you about cookies and to give you the choice as to which of your online activites are monitored in this way.
The cookies we use do not in themselves identify the individual, they only record which areas of the website have been visited by the computer and for how long. They are read only by the server that placed them and are unable to execute any code or virus.
- monitor and manage website traffic
- identify you when you visit the website
- analyse how our site is used through recording site traffic data via Google Analytics (please see below)
Block or disable cookies
If you don't want us to capture information about your use of our website, most internet browsers allow you to disable cookies, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
If you choose to delete cookies form your computer, follow the information provided by your browser which is usually located within the 'Help', 'Tools' or 'Edit' facility or follow the steps below. Alternatively, an external resource is available at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences.
Microsoft Internet Explorer v6
- Select Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Select the Privacy tab and choose Advanced Options button
- Check the Override Automatic Cookie Handling tick box
- Disable the First Party cookies by choosing the Block option
- Disable the Third Party cookies by choosing the Block option
- Uncheck the option to 'Always allow session cookies'
- Select OK to confirm changes
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8
- On the menu bar at the top of the window, click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options
- Select the Privacy tab
- Move the slider to Block All Cookies
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window
Firefox version 3 and above
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck mark Accept cookies from sites to disable Cookies
- Click OK to close the Options window
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of:
- evaluating your use of the website
- compiling reports on website activity for website operators
- providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage
Please view the Google Privacy statement (please see the link above) for more information. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
RAK Ceramics has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the personal information you share with us. This statement describes how we obtain and use the personal information that we may collect about you. We support the principles of data protection and shall endeavour to ensure that the personal information we obtain and use will always be held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with our legal obligations and as outlined below.
Logging of information
When you visit our website, we use your IP (Internet Service Provider) address to allow us to determine statistical usage of the website and its associated pages. We may use this information to improve the content and services on the website.
We do not collect personal information when you view pages or navigate a direct link provided by our site. However we will collect and use data from email addresses of people who contact us or from people who register for brochure or image downloads on our site.
We will use your information to:
• Process enquiries received via the site
• Register you for downloading images and access to special offers (trade only)
• Provide you with information about products and promotions that may be of interest to you from ourselves, if you consent
• Conduct market research and business development to improve the website and our services to you.
Marketing – we may from time to time use your personal information to send you email messages or marketing materials regarding our products. You may opt out of receiving such marketing information at any time, free of charge, by replying to the message with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you at any time and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate.
Third party disclosure
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the RAK Ceramics group and to reputable third parties. RAK Ceramics requires that any such third party treats your personal information as fully confidential and fully complies with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation. We will not release your personal data to any company outside of RAK Ceramics for mailing or marketing purposes.
Please note that if we are requested by law, we are entitled to provide your personal information and/or user information.
Where our site contains links to other sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices, actions or content of those websites. The links to any such third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, or any comments about the site, please Contact Us.